libreadline 8 made it into [core], although not all packages were rebuilt against it yet.
This breaks several packages, some of them vital for the system.
Before proceeding to update, please check the package database for the updated packages if it mentions a 'not satisfiable dependency: "libreadline.so.7"'.
I'll update this notice when all/most packages have been rebuilt against the new readline package and have been moved to core/extra/community.
Sorry for the trouble,
most packages have been rebuilt and are in core/extra/community. Exceptions:
It seems, I managed to break several packages by updating icu. The current list (known to our database / me) is:
i686/community/0ad-a23-4.0-i686 (0ad-a23-6.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/aegisub-3.2.2-28.0-i686 (aegisub-3.2.2-30.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/calibre-3.31.0-1.0-i686 (calibre-3.34.0-1.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/haskell-hakyll-22.214.171.124-117.0-i686 (haskell-hakyll-126.96.36.199-67.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/kbibtex-1:0.8.1-2.1-i686 (kbibtex-1:0.8.1-3.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/pandoc-citeproc-0.14.3.1-133.0-i686 (pandoc-citeproc-0.14.8.1-1.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/community/scribus-1.5.4-1.0-i686 (scribus-1.5.4-5.0-i686 now available in [community])
i686/extra/chromium-69.0.3497.92-1.0-i686 (chromium-70.0.3538.77-2.0-i686 now available in [extra])
i686/extra/firefox-62.0-1-i686 (firefox-63.0.3-1.0-i686 now available in [extra])
i686/extra/libreoffice-fresh-6.1.1-1.0-i686 (libreoffice-fresh-6.1.3-1.0-i686 now available in [extra])
i686/extra/libreoffice-still-6.0.6-3.0-i686 (libreoffice-still-6.0.7-1.0-i686 now available in [extra])
i686/extra/mpd-0.20.21-1.0-i686 (mpd-0.21.1-1.0-i686 now available in [extra])
i686/extra/thunderbird-60.0-4-i686 (thunderbird-60.3.1-2.0-i686 now available in [extra])
If you require any of those packages (or packages which depend on those), please postpone updates, until we rebuilt those packages.
A few days ago some (crucial) packages linked against glibc 2.28 were falsely moved to [core] [extra] [community], while glibc-2.28 was still in [testing].
This resulted in all kinds of serious errors.
glibc-2.28 is now in [core], so these issues should be fixable by running
I'm sorry for any caused troubles.
The libutf8proc package prior to version 2.1.1-3 had an incorrect soname link. This has been fixed in 2.1.1-3, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked soname link created by ldconfig. If you get an error
libutf8proc: /usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2 exists in filesystem
when updating, use
pacman -Suy --overwrite usr/lib/libutf8proc.so.2
to perform the upgrade.